Deyona "Dee" Hays
Founder, President/CEO Excellence Engineering, LLC & American Veteran Solutions
Deyona (Dee) Hays, P.E. is the Founder, President and CEO of Excellence Engineering, LLC. Dee earned her Bachelor of Science degree from Kansas State University in the late 80's, and graduated in 2017 from the OPM program at Harvard Business School. Dee is a board certified Professional Engineer licensed in 38 states and maintains a model law status with National Council of Professional Engineers.
Dee is an accomplished CEO and has received numerous awards and distinctions throughout the years.
- 2017 - Named one of Oklahoma's Most Admired CEO's for 2017.
- 2016, 2017 and 2018 - Nominated for Oklahoma Women of the Year and named one of "50 Making a Difference" by the Journal Record.
- 2018 - Inducted into the Oklahoma Women of the Year Circle of Excellence by the Journal Record.
- 2014 - Honored with the Enterprising Women of the Year Award by EW Magazine.
While working as an engineer, Dee founded Excellence Engineering in 2001 with the primary focus on delivering to clients a better engineered package for their projects, providing boutique quality support, and building a leading team that excels in passion and talents. Excellence Engineering, LLC has grown to a multi-discipline engineering firm providing turnkey projects from concept through operational completion. Excellence Engineering received national certification as a Women's Business Enterprise by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) in 2013 and is WOSB and HubZone certified by the US government in 2015.
Under Dee's direction and vision, Excellence Engineering has gained many awards and recognition including:
- Excellence Engineering has been listed on the American Express list of 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned businesses in the world in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Excellence Engineering was listed #285 on the esteemed Inc. 500 list for 2014, and has continued to be on the Inc. 5000 list for 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Excellence Engineering was nominated by the distinguished Oil and Gas Awards and was runner up as the Southwest Region's Engineering Company of the year - 2014.
- Excellence Engineering was awarded #1 fastest growing privately held company in Tulsa by The Journal Record in 2014.
Dee is a member of; The prestigious Women Presidents' Organization, Women's Business Council - Southwest, WBEA/South Texas and South, Society of Women Engineers, The National and Oklahoma Societies of Professional Engineers, The International Women's Forum, The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying, The Society of American Military Engineers, Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance Advisory Board member, Go Red for Women for Oklahoma Heart Association and the Oklahoma Commission for the Status of Women. Dee is the Chairman for for the Sac and Fox Economic Development Holding Company Board and most recently was appointed to the Governor's Council on Workforce and Economic Development.