Senior Mechanical Engineer
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Excellence Engineering believes in continuously striving to grow and excel at your technical expertise. As a Senior Engineer at EEI you will be expected to:
• Responsible for participation in the development of design of projects and schemes in accordance with all relevant policies, regulations, specifications, design and quality management standards and taking a lead role across required portions of the projects.
• Provide technical guidance/supervision to less-experienced members of the team and assisting with training junior staff in technical and professional disciplines.
• Maintain technical standards and good practice within the team.
• Design of appropriate solutions utilizing accepted engineering practices to meet prospect and client requirements.
• Planning, developing and coordinating engineering work including the development of costings and recommendations and working effectively with contractors, sub-contractors and other parties as required.
• Act as project manager for client projects interfacing with other staff members and client staff.
• Produce and monitor project plans and provide a range of performance management information, including business specific reports and committee reports with limited supervision.
• Provide day to day supervision to less-experienced members of the team including delegation and checking of work, provision of technical guidance, and providing technical support to management as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Senior Engineer applies sound engineering principles in the design and development of drawings. Maintains ongoing project requirements and specifications for multiple projects, review design efforts from team to ensure that specifications are met and quality is being maintained. Manage and scope investigations into form of function of a feature or set of features in a design. Senior Engineers create and refine technical documents and work with drafting and design to create construction drawings to capture design intent and document key aspects necessary to accomplish the goals of the project. Senior Engineer at EEI may be ask to perform Project Manager duties such as: Ensure project deadlines are met; Schedule weekly meetings with the client and in house staff are performed per EEI Project Management Guidelines. Project Manager is responsible for the follow up documents: meeting notes, to-do list, updated 2-week look ahead schedule, etc. Manage change orders; coordinates transmittals and ensuring they go out; review drawings for consistency and corrections.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
• Possesses a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) certified university.
• Has passed the PE (Professional Engineer) test or
• Positive Attitude
• Technical Skills
• Excellence Communication Skills
• Critical Thinking
• Team Player
• Planning & Organizing
Will be part of a multi-discipline project team and is responsible for electrical engineering and design aspects for project execution. Electrical Engineer shall be responsible for all engineering phases, i.e. proposal, basic, detail, construction, and commissioning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Electrical Engineer shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Selection of appropriate type of electrical equipment for a given application in chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas industry.
• Develop electrical power distribution systems for large industrial applications. Distribution design shall be performed using recognized industry standards and specifications.
• Preparation of technical specifications for, Power Distribution Building (PDC), LV / MV Switchgear, MCCs, VFDs, Motors, Transformers, Bus Ducts, Cable Bus, and Electrical Heat Tracing.
• Familiar with performing calculations and studies for electrical power systems using ETAP™ and/or SKM– load flow, voltage drop, motor starting, short circuit studies, relay coordination, overload, low flow, power demand, and arc flash studies.
• Set protective relays based on the results of the above studies.
• Provide electrical calculations for grounding, cabling, lighting, and voltage drop.
• Review and check project related company drawings to ensure compliance with all company and project instructions/specifications (one-line diagrams, electrical equipment location drawings, plan drawings, details, schematics, cable schedules, wiring diagrams, interconnection diagrams, grounding layouts, installation details, and bulk material takeoff).
• Review and check vendor drawings to ensure compliance with the scope of the purchase order, system functionality, constructability, and company and project instructions/specifications.
• Develop purchase specifications and technical bid tabulation to support the selection of major electrical equipment.
• Review and checking of technical vendor submittals for installation requirements.
• Develop test requirements and assist in electrical equipment checkout and startup. Provide technical support for inspection and test, construction, commissioning, and start-up.
• Work in a multi-discipline environment to achieve an on-time project completion while maintaining consistent and accurate documentation.
• Attend project meetings as required.
• Learn and abide by the Excellence Engineering’s Code of Conduct. Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and professionalism in all communications, actions and decisions.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering or EIT degree
• Fundamentals of Engineering (F.E.) Certification preferred.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience.
• Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC), IEEE, API.
• Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office software, Lotus Notes, and other discipline specific software applications.
• ETAP™ and/or SKM.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills with superiors, colleagues, clients and vendors.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment, exposure to project execution.
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills including background in problem solving techniques.
• Possess a positive attitude, supports change, and able to apply new ways of working within set timelines.
Mechanical Designer Position
Responsible for preparing Mechanical and/or Piping technical drawings to be used in construction plans for pump stations, compressor stations, and various pipeline facilities and projects in the oil and gas industry for refining and chemical plants.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Produce three dimensional models of various piping and equipment.
Produce Mechanical/Piping drawings, including but not limited to process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams.
Produce Mechanical/Piping orthographic drawings, including but not limited to piping plans, piping sections, piping elevations, piping details.
Produce Mechanical/Piping isometric drawings.
Produce fabrication drawings and bills-of-materials.
Field Work – Provide onsite assessment, walk down and dimensions to home office.
Associates Degree in Mechanical engineering or in Drafting Technology or equal work experience, preferably (5) years minimum
Must be able to read and interpret customer specifications, design codes and standards and technical publications
Must have good verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels within and external to the project team required
A passion for drafting, modeling, rendering
Able to perform tasks unsupervised
Positive attitude and interest in learning
A drive to succeed in a competitive environment
Effective multi-tasked, problem solver
Fastidious attention to detail
Must possess strong collaboration and organizational skills and ability to prioritize work/projects
Must be proficient with MS Office
Must be proficient with AutoCAD; Drafting and designing in 2D and 3D
Must have working knowledge of Intergraph CADWorxs Plant
Refinery and Chemical experience a plus
Physical / Mental Requirements
While performing duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit and occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds.
Must be able to work in excess of eight (8) hours per day and five (5) days per week, if required. Must be able to work in stressful situations and handle multiple priorities.
Must demonstrate skills to effectively interact with co-workers, management, and external vendors and customers; some travel maybe required; site visits, various reasons.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the position.